GraphicRiver

Thursday 2 August 2012

[INTERVIEW] Exclusive Interview With Starkillers

Formerly known as Nick Terranova, Las Vegas talent Starkillers took some time out of his studio to chat with us.

1. Hi Nick, Tell us a little bit about yourself.
What would you like to know, My name is Nick Terranova AKA Starkillers, I’m based in Los Angeles and I make music to play at crazy parties.

2. You collaborate a lot with Dmitry KO, how did you guys meet, and decide to work together?
Me and Dmitry met a few years ago, not quite sure how but we became great friends instantly, Dmitry and I now live together here in LA, we work together on lots of music, we work really well together in the Studio. We bounce of each other and it’s great to have that energy in the studio.

3. What are your top 5 tracks at the moment?
At the moment I’d have to say my remix of Olav Basoski - The Rain is destroying dance floors. There is so much great music out there at the moment, mine and Dmitrys remixes of Lolleta Holloway - Love Sensation and Pascal and Pearce - Disco Sun are rocking the clubs too.  I love tracks from Bingo Players and Hard Rock Sofa's new single is huge.

4. How and where did your interest for house music start?
I've been making music for around 12 years, probably longer. I started making advertising for commercials and music for film and TV but have always had a passion for House Music. It really kicked in around 2007 when I was producing under Nick Terranova. Then a few years later Starkillers was born.

5. What does your studio look like and which production software do you use and why?
The Studio is actually pretty standard size, its resides in our house in LA, we practically live in it, I can roll out of bed and straight into the studio which I love. I work in Ableton, it just works for me, everyone is different, it just depends what you enjoy working with.

6. If you could pick one artist to collaborate with, who would it be and why?
Knife Party, those guys fucking rock!!

7. If you weren’t a DJ/producer, what would you be?
No idea, I’ve always been into music

8. You recently released your remix with Dmitry KO for Loleatta Holloway’s Love Sensation, how did that come about?
Ultra Records approached my manager and said we have some catalogue of tracks we want Starkillers on one of these, I’m a big fan of the original, it’s like a club classic so to be able to remix is was excellent, it’s such an anthem.

9. What can we expect from you in the future?
More music, more parties. I just want to keep delivering great times for the fans, I love my fans.

10. What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you on your travels?
A plane I was on once got struck by lightning, it was scary!

11. Who are your favourite artists in the scene right now?
There are so many guys right now, Michael Woods, Tommy Trash, Dmitry KO of course, my friend Richard Beynon is one to watch out for.

12. Where do you get your inspiration for your tracks?
Everywhere! Inspiration can come from anything and anywhere, playing in the clubs helps so you can see you music at work, that helps inspire you too. Dmitry is great to work with as we can throw ideas together.

13. What would your advice be to any upcoming DJ/producers to be as successful as you?
Work hard and keep going!

Check out the video below of Starkillers at Rehydrate Pool Party, Kansas City 15/07/12


Keep up to date with Starkillers using the links below.

starkillersmusic.com


No comments:

Post a Comment